Friday, July 26, 2013

Desk Re-do


This is a simple post on a simple project I did to vamp up my office desk.

When I first got this desk something told me it would look good painted purple. More on that here. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I finally found some time to repaint it. As always, you live and you learn. I learned that I hate the color purple. But that's all in the past now. My world is slowly but surely getting painted white like I did with the living room bookcase. 

I took some time to sand down the desk to prepare it for paint. Another thing I've learned is sanding isn't a step you should skip. It could really effect the final result. I used a combination roller/brush method. Rolling paint prevents brush stroke marks. 



I'll post a preview of this room after the painting is completed.
If you haven't caught on. All I've been doing lately is painting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. ha--well, I love purple, but I agree the desk is looking really good in white :). especially with those chairs--love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I didn't offend you. Purple just isn't for me. :)

      Delete

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...