Monday, October 14, 2013

Sconce Switch

Ahh...The joys of moving into a new home. The things that aren't noticed until settled in, like outdated light fixtures. Ugh. I never paid attention to the hallway light because I was so fixed on the living room ceiling fan. Seriously this fan has been following me house to house since I was a little one. We will focus on that in another post. Anyways, the hallway light. 1995 called and it wants it's sconce back. Gladly. 
What I do love is easy upgrades. Luckily, we didn't have to switch out the whole light. I don't do electrical. It scares me. We stumbled upon this lovely globe-ish, egg shaped sconce while drooling over other things at Menards. 




 A simple, but much more asthetically pleasing upgrade. Cost: $4. 1995: 0 2013: 1. We win.

4 comments:

  1. Such an easy fix! I love the new sconce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's the little things that makes a house a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fix! I love Menards' lighting. I'm working on changing every.single.fixture out over here. It's been over three years now, I think we *might* be halfway there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap changes are my favorite and what a difference this one made! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...