Thursday, October 17, 2013

Temper-Pedic



I'm sure you've already heard, Temper-Pedic is the most highly recommended bed in America. So here we are now, recommending our new mattress to America. But first, let me tell you a little story about the land of slumber, slumberland. We have been avoiding that place like that plague, because we know how it works. Their employees are commission based so they try overly hard to sell you on things. We were simply there to be window shoppers, not money droppers. We eye balled some bed frames and twin sized beds, before we came around the corner to the mattresses.

It was like heaven laying on those mattresses for the first time. I really did feel like I was floating on a cloud. That alone was a selling point. I had never actually been mattress shopping (or browsing) before. Our current mattress was a hand-me-down from a friend. It was slightly deflated, but it got the job done.  A sales woman came around the corner. I was ready to run, but we decided to humor her. There was no way in the world we would buy one of those things.


Almost three hours later, she had us sold. That woman was good. She worked with us to find something that fit into our budget and shared some scary information along the way. I was terrified by the thought of bed bugs, concerned about the integrity of my back, and ready to wake up fully rested. Did you know our bodies aren't meant to sleep flat? We have curves and we should be sleeping accordingly. Who knew.

We are now as happy as clams with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The picture below is our new bed in the upright position. Having a bed like this makes me feel like I'm 80. Maybe I am an elderly person at heart, but at least I'm sleeping comfortably. 


This is the last mattress we will ever have to buy. Warranty is good for up to 25 years. 
(My Aunt once had an issue with hers and they delivered a replacement free of charge.)

This was probably the best purchase we have ever made. Our new bed frame is also pretty freaking gorgeous so no complaints there either. (Slumberland offers "slumberland bucks" when you buy something, thus allowing you to purchase more things without fully purchasing them. That bed frame was originally $900, on sale for $400, and we only spent $100 after adding on our "bucks." Score.) Our old bed is pictured below and you can definitely tell that the new one has amped up this space. Just a few more finishing touches and this room will be complete. 







1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that this is an awesome bed. I've wanted one for a while, I don't care if it's an old lady bed.

    Our mattress is--I think--twelve years old. Eeeek. I try not to think about what's in there. We've been saying we'll replace it for at least the past five years, but it never happens. Need to get it done!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...