Friday, November 1, 2013

It's the little things

This is the kick off to November, the month of being thankful. It's the little things in life that mean the most. It really is. Whether it's your significant other bringing you home a candy bar on a bad day or finding some really awesome dish towels. Sure I would love a trip to Maui and maybe a brand new stove, but sometimes the smallest things in life get to me the most.

We went off on a shopping trip to find a set of curtains. I've had a particular pattern in mind, but I soon came to the conclusion that it doesn't exists in curtain  form. I was feeling defeated, until I stumbled across these adorable dish towels that made my shopping trip worth while.


I recently read the September edition of HGTV Magazine. There was an article featuring patterned dish towels. Each and every one of those little beauties were making me drool. But when I looked up the sites selling them I only found items-out-of-my-price-range. I don't know about you but I'm not going to pay $15 per towel. So you can imagine my excitement when I found these at Target for under $2 a piece. I felt like a bargain goddess. 


You wouldn't believe how giddy I got over something so simple. It was a nice lesson and a new goal I've set for myself is to be joyful of the little things. I'm not going to Maui anytime soon so I might as well sit and swoon over my new dish towels. As Hannah Montana once said, "Life's what you make it, so let's make is right!"

Have a blessed day everyone! 

The dish towel article is on page 115. There is some good eye candy there!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love Target's dish towels, they do such cute patterns. I agree on the thankfulness; a little act of kindness can make such a big difference on a bad day.

    Sorry about the curtains. I once heard Sarah Richardson talk about "phantom antique syndrome," where you know in your mind exactly what piece you're looking for, and it basically doesn't exist and nothing else measures up. I've been guilty of the same thing more than once.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...