Monday, January 20, 2014

Curtain Call

Holy Moly! It has seriously been over two months since I've made a posting. This is something I really love to do but I've been extremely busy lately. Luckily I have a few posts lined up for the rest of the month to make up for my lack of blogging lately, but we have something huge going on. 

We are currently in the process of opening a salon. It's been really stressful and time consuming but with that being said it's going to allow me to eventually spend more time blogging and I will be able to do some posts on the salon itself. Right now it's a hot mess of beige; trim, ceiling, flooring, walls, everything. So it will be really exciting to see the space evolve. 

My home has also been evolving some over these past few months. By the way, who else is freezing and ready for summer? ME ME ME! I feel stir crazy so I've been spending a lot of my free time on little projects that I'll be sharing with you all in the next couple weeks.

I last left you with a slightly tragic post about my failed attempt at finding curtains. Thankfully I'm not the type of person to give up on something once I have it set in my mind. One more trip to good ole target saved the day. Perhaps I was a little too determined the first time and maybe slightly more open minded the second. Either way I couldn't be happier with the way these beautiful things transformed my living room.

Target has the most fabulous window treatment and shower curtains. Check em' out.




I can't even believe this is the same room that you last saw here. It's starting to look more layered and lived in these days. A few more odds and ends have been added, but nothing major has changed. I'll try to post a living room update sometime next week. In the picture above you can see a storage basket is overflowing with dog toys! These little babies love their babies.

The cedar chest has also made it's way into the living room. It drove me insane in the bedrooms and it seems to make more sense here since our snuggly blankets are stored inside.


r



This corner might be one of my favorite spots in the house. just looking over here brings me a bit of joy. The tiny new pig painting and metal end table really compliment the curtains. I chose to only do one panel a window due to the dvd cabinet being stored in this corner. I knew I didn't want a panel hanging if it was just going to hide behind something. These curtains were for aesthetics purposes only. Our bamboo blinds are still working wonders.

How do you feel about one panel a curtain vs. two panels a curtain?
Do you use curtains for just decor or do they serve another purpose for you?
Let me know whats going on & stay tuned for more updates and projects.

2 comments:

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...