Monday, March 24, 2014

Living Room Evolution

Holy Moly. I can't believe we have lived in our house for almost a year. Looking back at last year I remember what an incredible journey it was to get here. We are still as happy as ever & honestly I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. As our one year mark of being home owners is coming right around the corner I wanted to take a moment to look back at the transformation. It's wonderful to see how this space in our house is evolving.  

I've stated before that we spend most of our time in the living room, as most families do. Since we spend the most time in this space I wanted it to feel as comfortable as possible. We even painted the living room on move in day. I think I could have died happy by simply bringing in that cheerful butter-toned-beige paint. 


Prior to moving we had stained a couple pallets and planned to add casters, but ultimately I felt overwhelmed by all of the rectangles in this room. I read up on some basic Feng Shui rules and we decided to scrap the pallets after I learned that all the sharp edges caused an imbalance. Honestly, I can't even believe I'm talking about Feng Shui, but seriously it's awesome. I picked up a few basic tips and we now live by them. 

Another item that tragically got the boot is our dearest owl lamp. I never in a million years would have parted with that beauty (It only cost $8 at Marshals) but during some furniture rearranging it shattered. They do, however, carry similar ones at Target. 


We added the out of the kitchen storage to the entertainment center and now they reside on our white bookcase. As you can see in the picture below we have added a few more additions. 

Now it's not perfect. Nothing ever is. But we like to think things are transforming nicely. 


What's changed in your home over the past year?

1 comment:

  1. It looks cute! I love that little dog statue next to the globe--French bulldog? Boston terrier? It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyones comments! Tell me what you love & tell me what you hate. Just please save the drama for your momma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...